Educators are tasked with preparing young students for a high technology society that is dependent on advanced education in STEM. Too often they must accomplish this working with reduced budgets, limited time, increasing class sizes, changing standards and minimal technical support. At CFSEC we recognize that that the success of STEM education cannot only depend on teachers, but must be supported by industry and government in partnership with education. To this end, our Educators Portal will evolve over time to provide an array of information and resources that STEM educators can use in and outside of the classroom.
- U.S. Department of Education, Foundations for Success: The Final Report of the National Mathematics Advisory PanelAlbert Einstein
- Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- National Science Board, National Action Plan for Addressing the Critical Needs of the U.S. STEM Education System
- National Academies, Is America Falling Off the Flat Earth?
- Congressional Research Service, Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Education: Status and Issues
“Educator Advisory Committee Meeting” that will bring STEM and CTE educators together to:
- Explore how to align the STEM curricula with workforce needs (OCPS Initiative)
- Discuss ways of integrating formal and informal (Council members) STEM education programs
- Collaborate in support of STEM proposals for funding involving industry partners, and
- Better understand the resource needs of STEM educators and how industry might help.
STEM Vital Signs: READ HERE
STEM Teachers help local industry grow: READ HERE
The workshop, designed for kids and adults alike, teaches electrical basics through easy-to-use circuitry